Sunday, February 3, 2013

golfer417 i am sorry i left out a group of golfers that very important to me, golfers with disabilities, being one myself understand the challenges that it brings but we can still enjoy the game .before i became injured i was a 8 handicap but that changed in a instant from being on my way to a golf course to get in a practice round before a tournament to being placed in a helicopter and taken to a hospital 2 hrs away. i was told i would be fortunate to walk or even move my arms let alone play golf. after a 12 hr operation on my neck to support it with rods and screws and over 2 years of rehab i was able to get some function back alto i knew i would never be the same. i was told by 5 doctors i would never be able to play golf again just be content with how lucky i was. i never gave up on my desire to once again hold a club in my hands. so anyone out there with a similar story "NEVER GIVE UP" and "NEVER LIMIT YOURSELF" the worst possible outcome is at least you gave it your best shot. today i am able to play and even though i will never attain the success i once had ,i now share my love for the game with my son who was 6 yrs. old at the the time of my accident and it opened my eyes to a whole new area of my life not just as a golfer but as a father. .

No comments:

Post a Comment