Saturday, February 16, 2013

Never Say Never


                                                            Never Say Never

If I were to concentrate on the reasons that I should not be able to play golf I probably would have given up trying. I started this to give hope to anyone wanting to enjoy golf no matter what. If you don't mind I would like to share some personal issues of my own and remember I am not complaining or looking for excuses these are challenges I choose to overcome. That is why I say Never say Never !
First off , I have a bruised spinal cord injury which put limits on my strength from the neck down, it also limits my mobility and has caused nerve damage which is controlled by medications. I also have permanent carpel tunnel syndrome in both hands which limits strength in and feeling in both hands. Also because of the lack of strength in the upper body I tore my rotator cuff and needed surgery and they had to place a pin in the tendon to hold it in place. To overcome these issues wasn't easy but I found a way.
I have to walk with a cane and mafo braces on my legs, especially when I play to correct balance issues , I wear 2 gloves to help get a better grip on the club , I have had to change my swing many times to compensate for the lack of club head speed and lack of strength. In future posts I will share more but I will leave you with a saying that has helped me in all aspects of my life:
                                           “Some People Find An Excuse Others Find A Way”

No comments:

Post a Comment